Monday, January 19, 2009

Know your twitter grade and rank

grade A Today morning, I got an interesting tweet from Deepak Rajanikanth that he got a Twitter grade of 97/100 from Twitter Grader

Got curious and visited Twitter Grader site. A very interesting site where one can see his twitter grade and rank.

In the home page, enter your twitter user name and click on the big Get Grade button and voila…you will get your twitter grade and rank

How is it calculated?

It is calculated as a percentile score. A grade of means that @ scores higher than percent of the users that have been graded.

  • The number of followers you have
  • The power of this network of followers
  • The pace of your updates
  • The completeness of your profile
  • ...a few others

I am not sure and very clear on how their algorithm works and if it meets the standards but I found the grading and ranking concept interesting, funny and encouraging for new twitters like me :)

What more..?

  • Based on your rank and grade, they also suggests list of folks to follow
  • There is a Twitter Elite section which lists out top most powerfully ranked/graded tweeple. Have very interesting people in the top grades like Michael Arrington(tech crunch), Pete Cashmore (mashable), Darren Rowse(pro blogger) to name a few.
  • They offer you twitter grader badge which you can put in your blog/website. It will look something like this…

Yep..that’s my grade..44/100 at present and ranked 352,288 out of 1,035,703 as of January 19, 2009.. As you can see.. I have long way to go.. You can see my updated grade and rank here

As I have to set myself a benchmark to improve my twitter grade and rank in the coming days, I am now targeting to better my friend Anand Nataraj whose grade is it at present 96.1/100 and ranked 28,947 out of 1,035,703 as of January 19, 2009. You can see his grade and rank here

Hey Anand…here I come…be prepared :) and be alert as long as you can as I might take even years for me to beat yours :) :)

Happy twittering…


Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. Dont take twitter grader seriously... It is crap... If your follewers are less than whom you follow then your rank falls down...

    They dont grade for quality or quantity of tweet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anand:
    Thanks for your views in twitter grade. I agree with you. My grade jumbep to 62 from 44 in just two days and not sure how..

    But its just fun to see you grade and rank

    Looks like they have also launched facebook grader service too >> http://facebook.grader.com

    Not sure if this is also the same as twitter grade :(

    Regards,
    Swami K
    http://ksawme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete